Thursday, August 2, 2012

I met Emily Giffin!


Since this is my first *official* post, I thought it would be good to share something REALLY cool...well, really cool for a book nerd like myself. Last Friday, July 27, I had the opportunity to meet one of my FAVORITE authors, Emily Giffin, at her book signing in Atlanta for her newest novel, Where We Belong (a great read, by the way). If you haven't read her books, you've probably at least heard of them or seen the movie based on her book, Something Borrowed (the word on the street is that Something Blue will follow shortly...). Not only is she a very gifted and talented author, she is extremely sweet, cool, and fan-oriented. She signed all of my books (I took a whole stack, plus got her new book signed for my friend), all of my friend Sarah's books (she had a stack as well!), and posed for a few pictures with us. Needless to say, she was a very gracious host, and I am a lifelong fan.

Emily Giffin (left, obviously) and me

Emily Giffin and Sarah (love that girl!)

Emily Giffin with Sarah and me

My autographed copy of WWB


EG's books are awesome!


Now, I'm assuming mostly ladies would be reading this blog...but I don't want to discriminate. So, ladies AND gentlemen (if there are any here...), if you're interested in EG (which you totally should be), I'd start with her book, Love the One You're With, first. Although I love all her books, I think LTOYW would have to be my favorite, and not just because part of it is based in Georgia. Oh yeah, did I mention EG lives in Atlanta? After that, read Something Borrowed followed by Something Blue. After those...I'll let you figure it out. I hope you enjoy her writing as much as I do!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment