Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy Halloween!

It's been awhile since I've posted. I know I really don't post much on here, but I hope to change that soon. I have been even busier than usual because I have a craft fair coming up. I did, however, have time to carve a pumpkin. If you follow this blog at all, you know I'm a HUGE Georgia Bulldogs fan. Having said that, I decided to make a Georgia pumpkin this year. I've never attempted one before, but I thought, why not?

Here's what I did (in case you'd like to make one for yourself): I drew the logo on with a Sharpie. Then, I took my Xacto knife and, very slowly and carefully, cut around the outline. I didn't push all the way through, though, because I just wanted to carve into the rind (I'm sure it would still look great if you carve all the way through!). Then, I took a flathead screwdriver (hey, I worked with what I had) and kind of chipped away at the part I wanted to come out (everything inside the "G"). Once I had everything carved and cut out, I took a spoon and scraped away anything else inside the logo I didn't want to be there (smoothed it out, in other words). When I was happy with the design, I painted the rest of the pumpkin black so that my logo would stand out. And that's it! For the little pumpkin, I just painted it and put some polka dots on it, using acrylic craft paint for the whole thing.

Here's how it all turned out:


Happy Halloween!
(AND GO DAWGS!)




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment